Sunday, April 18, 2010

First timer

How do you celebrate your first official weekend back to eating sweets.... You try the red velvet cupcake from Sprinkles. It was our fist taste and it was delightful. How great that they decorate the cupcake with V for Vegan!
I just couldn't help myself...yum cream cheese frosting



I made my first vegan recipe this last week! Yes I have to say I am quite proud of myself, I really need to step it up and cook some recipes more often. I tried 2 recipes this week...

The first recipe was the Ceaser Salad from teh Kind Diet. It had quite a zing to it, I might lessen the garlic. However, I did enjoy the salad and felt so proud that I managed to eat 12 ounces of greens in one sitting. Unfortunealty it left me with worse garlic breath than the pitta jungle hummus. Its was serious business. So lock yourself up for day after you eat the salad, otherwise you may loose all your friends. Don't say I didn't warn you
Recipe 2 came from Ruthann. It was simple and quite good and it was my first time using tofu. On a happy note one serving packed in over 15 grams of protein. But the bad side is each serving was about 500 calories, which is a little over kill for me.

Here is a picture of the finished product: Cold Sesame pasta salad.
My goal for this week: introduce myself to the green smoothie. Not really sure how it will taste, but I do know I still need to amp up my greens intake. One green smoothie can pack in 2-4 cups of greens. I'll let you know how it turns out!
-Elisha

3 comments:

Devin & Ruthann said...

Way to go on the cooking! That's sweet you tried the recipe I gave you. Everything looks like you did a great job!

vegan minus the flannel said...

The salad does look tasty Gilly! I loved my red velvet cupcake even in this economy! We had a good weekend Gil! - Reina

Anonymous said...

~~*I am NOT a fan of SPRINKLES =( I don't know why everyone LOVES them! Too much frosting and a little to pricey for a small cuppycake =( I'd rather make my own. =)*~~