Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter...Our First Holiday as Vegans



Eater will be a little different this year. Last year we made homemade easter chocolates, died eggs and dined on ham. This year we are letting the pigs be safe ( no ham for us) and giving the chickens a day off from laying eggs. Though I do have to say I will miss me some deviled eggs- those things are so scrumptious. But the truth--no matter how cheesy it sounds--is that when I see pictures of bunnies and chickens I feel good inside to know that I will no longer cause harm to them. I have no judgement for those of you who will be feasting on animals this weekend, I am just saying that the vegan diet does give you a sense of peace. To further complicate Easter Reins and I are off sweets :( however, we have never gone a holiday without a treat so we will see how this pans out....Reins and I are trying to come up with a recipe to make for our Easter feast, but no ideas yet. Where is Alicia Silverstone when you need her? Happy Easter to you all!
(animals love us so much that they let us dress them up in doll clothes and take pictures. Jut one of the perks of being vegan) Have a Happy Easter!
-Elisha

2 comments:

vegan minus the flannel said...

We will come up with something! IT will be a whole different easter than before! I always come in last at the easter egg hunts anyways.- Reins

vegan minus the flannel said...

I hate that picture of myself!! Thanks a lot Gilly!! I do remember posing for that though...like 3 years ago.-Reins