Thursday, April 8, 2010

I HEART Whole Foods!


Since the beginning of our vegan journey Whole Foods has had a special place in our hearts. They have every product you could ever need as a vegan. However, last Friday I made a discovery that made me fall completely head over heels for Whole Foods! Josh was kind enough to go shopping with me as part of our date night. We hit the whole foods in Chandler. They have a smoke house in one section where they smoke meatloaf and hot dogs and other goodies which Josh was checking out. And so I decided to check out their deli/pizza food area and what I discovered was beautiful! Whole foods makes fresh vegan meals to order which include pizza, burritos, salads and sandwiches. I could actually order food from somewhere besides Green and Pita Jungle! SO I ordered myself a few slices of vegan cheese/veggie pizza and we picked up Hungry Howies for Josh on our way home. We sat eating our pizzas and watching a movie and it was fabulous. Now Josh and I can hit up whole foods for date night and he can order from the smokehouse and I can order from the deli. Thank you whole foods for making delicious vegan fare, I truly love you for it!
xoxo,
Elisha
P.S. to our dissapointment we found out that the whole foods in Tempe does not have the smokehouse or the vegan pizza's and burritoes

2 comments:

chow vegan said...

That's one thing that drives me nutty about Whole Foods - different stores carry different things so I have to remember which store has what. I guess I should just be grateful that I live so close to so many Whole Foods. :-)

vegan minus the flannel said...

I was really bummed about that Gilly! I guess one of these days we will have to go to the Whole Foods that has vegan prepared food paradise... until then Green and PJ works just fine- Reina