Saturday, April 10, 2010

Simple yet Delicious

I have yet to mature and start making some recipes. The good news is there have been some vegan meals that are totally simple yet quite delicious....

Bob's Red Mill 10 Grain Hot cereal has a cream of wheat texture and it also packs in lots of nutrition ( unlike cream of wheat)....
Add some SO Delicious Coconut Milk ( this milk is sweet and creamy and definitely the best dairy alternative I have found. It doesn't have the funky after taste that soy milk does)....
Then sprinkle it with some berries and you've got yourself a yummy and feeling breakfast. This has been one of my staples since being vegan

Josh was kind enough to make us dinner this week ( this is only the second time we have eating dinner together since I turned wholesome) he sauteed some asparagus and some onions with olive oil and seasoning and they were some of the yummiest veggies I have experienced. I even ate up all of the rings of onions he made ( that is new for me, i used to run the other directions whenever onions were present). We topped of the veggies with a brown rice blend. Just some advice for veggie lovers check out the superstition market on Higley and Main, it may change your life forever! They have herbs for 25 cents and bell peppers for 15 cents sometimes and much much more.




Here is me with my veggie vegan pizza from whole foods. My face looks hungry like a wolf...Speaking of wolves reins and I concluded that finding fellow vegans is just darn amazing! When you find out someone is vegan you have this automatic bond and connection, friend at first sight kind of thing. I know what you are thinking, " what does that have to do with wolves?" Let me tell you. Reins and I are team Jacob ( twilight reference), we have been ever since we read New Moon years ago. When we go to twilight events/movies and see other Team Jacobs it is like we have stumbled across gold! When you see a Team Jacob you just know that they are a good time and have to have some personality because well, Jacob is lots of fun. Now we have the same feelings toward fellow vegans. If you are vegan than you have an understanding of why the heck we eat they way we eat and no explanation is needed. So to you all you fellow vegans and team Jacob's, Hollah!




3 comments:

Andrea said...

I haven't tried Bob's Red Mill 10 Grain Hot Cereal yet, but it sounds really good. I've discovered that everything tastes great with So Delicious Coconut Milk, so I'm really looking forward to trying the cereal.

Wish I had a Whole Foods near me. That pizza looks amazing! I love meeting all the wonderful vegans out there, who share their vegan food finds. Thanks so much!

vegan minus the flannel said...

Gilly, I think the Jacob/Vegan comparison is a good call! They are hard to find,but special when you do! I will holla at you boo!-Reins

Hannah said...

Man, I wish my local Whole Foods had vegan pizzas like that..!