Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Recipes are hard

I have something to admit. I feel as though I should simply get this off my chest. I had posted previously that Elisha and myself were going to make one of Silverstones recipes. Well in all reality that was the goal. We went to Whole foods with the "The Kind Diet" in hand. First of all, we are such novices at the vegan grocery items. It takes us a long time to locate the foods we desire. Honestly I did not know half the items needed in the recipe. We had to ask a Whole Foods expert his advice. Eventually with some hard work and determination we got what was needed and checked out. By the time we were driving home, the fire was no longer lit under us. Elisha and I discussed how we were too hungry to make a new recipe from scratch. I wish I could tell you we made a delicious dish. Nope,too lazy. We decided to try for this coming weekend...stay tuned. This blog has more cliffhangers and drama than the "Hills". - Reins

3 comments:

ames said...

we both know silverstone isn't making those recipes. i'm sure it's the housemaid. I applaud your dedication in gathering the ingredients. Did you get wendy's on the way home?

Anonymous said...

Girl- we will grow up one day and learn how to cook and follow recipes. But for right now its just been easier to rely on Green to provide our tummies with deicious vegan fare. Friday will be a big step for us! Nori burritos here we come!
-Elisha

vegan minus the flannel said...

Oh Ames! You know it! I went to Wendys and got the gigantic cup of chili they offer. I also dipped fries in it. Ok,ok that was two lies and no truths just now. Actually I just ended up eating chips and salsa. I am so Arizona chips/salsa chic. -Reins