Sunday, February 28, 2010

PITA BURRITO


Yeah,I realize the title is very clever since I am writing about the pita burrito. This friday my pal Kelsey and I went on a little friend date. We decided to eat at Pita Jungle. I am a fan of the place,even though our waiter had so much facial hair I clould have lost my appetite. Luckily the losing of the appetite rarely happens for me. PJ has a list of vegan friendly dishes,and so I decided upon the pita burrito. Besides the zztop waiter getting in the way,I was very attracted to the burrito. It did not disappoint. The pita burrito was just as beautiful on the inside as it was on the outside. Who said this blog is not deep? Kels and I had a great lunch and felt good about our food picks! It did take forever to get the check though. I thought maybe the waiter was just in the back shaving his intense beard,no such luck. Later that day I went to Sprouts to get some ice cream. I drove to my parents after and started delving into my treat. My nephew J.J. said "Reina is that ice cream?" Why yes J. you want to have a bite?" He gets a spoon and takes a taste,one taste was all he needed. I guess he is not ready to join the vegan ice cream club. I was hoping to get the family to form a vegan cult. Oh well. Saturday Elisha,my mom,and I went to Green. It is our home away from home. I guess you can compare it to the Peach pit for Brandon and Brenda,or The Max for Zack,Kelley,Slater,Lisa,Jesse,and unfortunately Screech. We had a great time once again! I know I said vegan without the dreadlocks,but just after a week of this and my hair is naturally forming the dreads. I also pierced my nose and gaged my ears. I thought I should let you know. -Reins

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl- Green is so our peach pit! I am looking forward to our next moment there and am pondering what I will try next.

Devin & Ruthann said...

hahahahaha

Bryce and Candice said...

I love the tv references. I always wanted a home away from home!

Kayleen said...

I'm mega impressed. You go, girls.

Jeff and Kelsey said...

Dear Work Wife,
Friday was pure bliss!! I cant stop thinking about it. You are right about the waiter but Abe Lincoln came to my mind (Abe Lincoln with guages in his ears...) We did have a great time, even considering asking complete strangers for some cheesecake (dont worry we would have totally used our own forks!) Oh and I could not belive how many guys were staring and winking at YOU (NOT the mishapen preggo lady) because of your HOT vegan bod!! Lets do it again real soon! Puds

vegan minus the flannel said...

Work wife , Good call on the Abe Lincoln! I am not very good with history so... Yes, our PJ nieghbors did entice me with their cheesecake! My eyes kept wandering to their plates! I am only human and I have urges. Luckily my vegan values pulled through! I had a great time with you puds! -REINS