Saturday, February 20, 2010

THANKS SILVERTSONE


Why vegan you ask... Ok I am pretty private but I will tell you anyways. One fine day I was watching an episode of Oprah. It was dedicated to the topic of organic foods etc. Alicia Silverstone(star of the hit movie Clueless circa1995) made a guest apperance discussing her book about the vegan lifestyle. I decided I was going to let Silverstone give me a makeover like she did Ty on Clueless. However she would not be changing me out of baggy pants and belly shirts,but more of a diet makeover. Stay with me folks. In her book she says to try and flirt with vegan foods,try it for a bit. Well not to get graphic ,but I plan on doing more than flirt. I am going to roll around with the vegan lifestyle. Maybe get the big O! Settle down ladies I meant O as in Organic. Today Elisha and I went to GREEN. It is a nice vegan restaurant full of delicious foods and lots of facial hair...not in the food. Shout out to my best friend Amy who is the best and introduced me to GREEN. My sister and I then spent quite sometime in the WHOLE FOODS. I bought a special bag of peas as you can see in this photo. Well I actually bought more than just peas,but lets not get detailed. I feel special to be in this vegan club. People are starting to take me more serious. I can feel the change. Thanks for taking the time to visit. Reins

4 comments:

Devin & Ruthann said...

I love your writing! You need to write a book!

vegan minus the flannel said...

Thanks Baby Ruth! Very nice of you to say! Just to put your mind at ease about this I will not be eating any Tofurkey,and I will not force you to eat any either!

ames said...

you got me on the edge of my seat. and alicia would say to flirt....i heard that she is all talk and no walk if you know what i mean. and i just need to know what you got at Green so i can imagine that i was there as well, downing a jug of diet soda. also, i heard peas are a fantastic substitute for eggs.

vegan minus the flannel said...

Ames, I got what I have always gotten,sweet and sour noodles with the mock chicken. Nobody has ever accused me of being adventurous! I stick with the basics. However that will soon change! I am going to order everything off that menu,not all at once because that would be hectic! side note:I also did not get the sweet lime. I might try it again though...life is crazy-Reins