Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tried and tested


When we first decided to go vegan I was wondering what in the world we were going to eat. But lucky for us it turns out there is lots of stuff you can eat when your vegan ( going out to eat is the tricky part). Here are a few items that I have tried recently and really enjoyed.

Red chille and corn tamales
Mock chicken nuggets ( it may sound scary but it was yummy and a lot healthier than real ones)
10 grain hot cereal ( So yummy with fruit and almond milk)
Almond Milk ( I would still prefer reg milk, but whats a veg to do)

And on Friday Josh and I are going out and we are going to make a stop at whole foods. I plan on spurging and buying myself some vegan ice cream. Even vegans need a yummy treat on the weekend! On the menu for tomorrow is peanut butter whole wheat pasta stir fry. Its been 4 days and I am not skinny yet...I guess I will just have to give it a little more time. Patience is key.
-Elisha

5 comments:

Devin & Ruthann said...

I totally agree about Vienna and that nasty necklace!

vegan minus the flannel said...

I lost about 100 pounds already. Who needs Jillian Michaels? -reins

Anonymous said...

It’s a snowy day here in Utah, which means no patients, and so I find myself here reading about my two favorite vegans, and all I can think about is how I should be on the other side of the computer with the two of you on your somewhat crazy adventure, although as I was reading this I looked down and realized that I am eating a yogurt… maybe I wouldn’t last. I miss you guys!!! I wish I were there eating tofu and soy, and watching the bachelor of course. I have read the book, the skinny bitch, and I must say I was somewhat enticed to become a skinny bitch myself. Ps. Elisha I am pretty sure I have a picture of you with dreadlocks, just sayin
-kit

Josh and Elisha said...

Kit- thanks for the comment. It made me smile and laugh. you are right about the dreads, I am guilty. But that was so long ago and I have changed since then. Now I wash my hair every other day or so. You should be here so we can have vegan ice cream parties and watch some great tv shows. It may not happen for spring break but i know the time will come soon enough when I get to see my lovely kit.
Elisha

vegan minus the flannel said...

KIT, It was so lovely to hear from you! I would love to have you on this adventure! I heard soy yogurt is a real treat. Well actually I heard the opposite but...I love you Kit and look forward to reuniting the three of us one day. -Reins