Sunday, February 28, 2010

No longer a Vegan Treat Virgin

This weekend has some great moments in it. For one, my mom, sister and I devoured a Tsoymani at Green restaurant and it was simply delicious. Its made with soy ice cream and mine had peanut butter, chocolate and vegan oreos. Who says a vegan can have their cake and it it too. Yummy!

I spent 3 and half hours (literally) at whole foods this weekend. Josh was patient enough to go with me friday night and then I went back on saturday with reins and mom. Whats in the bag you ask? I will show you a few items....

Some fake meat. I plan on making some beef and broccoli this week with some wild rice. I think its gonna be good!





Some bars in case I find myself starving and have no other food around. These bars are all natural with no added sugar. They are made from nuts and dried fruit. I will keep some at work so that I dont have to buy chex mix again when I find myself starving.



And the best part--TREATS. I felt it was time to give in and get serious. The cookies (fabes) I got are sweetened with fruit juice instead of sugar. They were a lot less sweet than I was used to, but acutally quite good and moist and they left me satisfied. Ice cream is by far my favorite treat so I got some soy delicous. It was very light and fluffy ice cream and I really liked it. but the tsoynami at Green is definitley the best treat i have had so far. It was a fun weekend of food exploration and I am no longer a a vgan treat virgin. I am officially in the club!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! That greens place sounds yummy!

vegan minus the flannel said...

Gil, I loved the cookies mom got us. Listen,because i loved them so much,I need to stay away. Sometimes you keep the things you love at a distance in fear of getting too involved.-Girl

Bryce and Candice said...

yeah, like in sex and the city when carrie wouldn't let aiden help her when her computer crashed because she was scared if she stated to depend on him, then she wouldn't be able to survive without him...maybe that is a bad reference, but speaking of which I totally want to watch the sex in the city movie when I come down!!!