Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Food Temptation


The upside of veganism is that it has taken away a lot of the food temptation I experience. I always try to be calorie concious and eat well, however, there are moments when I just give in and eat some junk. Over the Holidays I gave in way too many times and it is still haunting me. Moving on. So when josh brought home this huge goey carmel brownie and offered me a bite, I knew it wasnt vegan so I passed. A few days later when he came back from his friends with homeade bbq pizza and talked about how yummy it was and that I could have some I also passed. If its not vegan than I dont do it. It actually makes giving up things easier. There is no thought about how much I want to eat the brownie but I shouldnt because its not healthy but it is so tempting... I know I cant have it and I dont have to worry about the food temptations and it is so freeing. With the vegan diet it is all or nothing. Reins and I have been doing our vgan adventure for one week and so far I have enjoyed it. I weighed myself today and still no progress ( what the Frac) maybe I will have to give up my tsoynami's but I just dont think I can. Hopefully week 2 brings some better results!

4 comments:

Devin & Ruthann said...

This is exactly what I told Devin. With vegan, it's all or nothing so it takes away the temptations when given a choice for a treat. So, in a way, it makes things easier because the decision is already decided for you.

vegan minus the flannel said...

Gil, This is exactly how I feel about the whole thing. I am not nearly as tempted. I think you are fine having the tsoynamis once a week. The hardest part is figuring out which tsoynami to have. I would say to pray about it,but you hate when I joke to that degree. oops-Reins

Josh and Elisha said...

Girl- I seriously think about which flavor I am going to order on saturday. Fat personality indeed! Food brain runs in the family there is nothing you or I can do about it.

Elisha

vegan minus the flannel said...

I KNOW GIL! I AM THINKING I HAVE TO GIVE THAT PBJ A WHIRL,IF I DO NOT I WILL END UP REGRETTING WHAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN. I CAN NOT LIVE LIFE WITH REGRETS SO...- REINS