Tuesday, March 30, 2010

And the Academy Award goes to...


So there are a few people/things I would like to thank for helping me stay on this vegan journey
1. Trader Joes- you have made being vegan a lot lighter on the wallet. Even though you don't carry as many items as whole foods or sprouts, the items you do have cost far less and I love you for it!
2. Pita Jungle and Green- you make going out to eat easy for me since so many other restaurants have no options for me
3. Morning star "chicken"- you are delicious to the taste and you are packed with protein just like the real deal
4. Alicia Silverstone- your book and blog are inspiring to me
5. The China Study- this is the book that has made me decide to stick with veganism ( at least for now). If you are contemplating going vegan I recommend this book. If you think going vegan is just plain crazy that is ok too. After reading this book I think that being vegan is the healthiest choice for me. However, I don't plan on being a die hard. There may come a day when I just need some cheese pizza or frozen yogurt and I will have to give in to the urge. But the other 98% of the time I will eat vegan. So I guess I am 98% vegan.
6. The fans- thanks for all the supportive comments on the blog. It is always nice to feel supported when doing anything in life
7. Reins- she is the person that got me started on this healthy kick and she is a die hard 100% vegan- you go girl! Without her I don't know how long I would stick through this, but having each other makes it so much easier. We used to be the type that would get together and just love to eat junk food ( yes we still love junk food) but now we get together and come with healthy meals to make or try. We won't be giving up our tsoynamis, I mean come on nobody is perfect.
8. Fruit Leather- you have helped me survive no sweets for my first week. And can I just say i missed treats on the weekend, however, I ate less than usual on the weekend and was very proud of Reins and I for sticking it out. We thought about making chocolate covered strawberries but we stayed strong.
So the winner of the vegan support academy award goes to Reins! I love our moments together!
-Elisha

3 comments:

Great Scott's! said...

I don't even know where to begin the comments, so I thought I'd leave one at the top of the postings. Congrats ladies!!! I am so happy about your healthy progression. I bet it feels so good. It reminds me of when I first get pregnant and CANNOT eat anything greasy, sugary, or unhealthy at all, or I get extremely sick! But that is at the beginning, not at the end, so this blog has been very inspiring to read. I am due soon, and intend on starting a diet in the hospital. Last time with Paige I dropped the healthy ball, big time. That mistake will not happen twice. So I will be starting the no sugar(sweets) diet in about 3 and 1/2 weeks after this baby enters the world, I am sure I'll be calling you reins for some ideas :) Love you both tons, keep up the great posts. And sorry for such a delayed visit to the blog, I'm a prego slacker, what can I say.

vegan minus the flannel said...

Shanna, thank you for the support! I love you too! - Reins

vegan minus the flannel said...

Gilly, How sweet are you! Thanks I feel very honored! It has been so much fun doing this with you. We have a great time no matter what! You are a big support to me as well! - REINA