Friday, March 5, 2010

Protein Power!

Debbie downer is gone! I have made up with the vegan diet and we are back to being friends. I was having a stressful moment and I took it out on MR. Vegan, but I apoligized and we decided we would remain together for the next 2 weeks. So as you read yesterday I have been concerned that I am not getting enough protein. So I tried really hard yesterday to eat foods that had protein and I ate 50 grams! I was still a few grams short, but its just good to know that I can do this. I have also decided if I really want to loose the weight than I am going to have to eat less vegan cookies ( bummer). I am going to allow myself one to two treats a week, which is what I did on week one of this diet. This week the vegan cookies were needed because I was having a mood emergency. Just a side note, do not eat cookies before going to bootcamp because you may feel like vomitting every time you do a squat jump or wind sprint. Week 3 is all about being positive, eating protein, getting more salad and saying goodbye to weekday treats!
-Elisha

3 comments:

Bryce and Candice said...

I feel for you, so I thought I would do a little research, and I came upon a websight that I thought might help, but knowing you I'm sure you have already done your research! I hope you have a better week! Love ya

http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/protein.htm

Bryce and Candice said...

I also found this one. I mostly just liked the title, and thought maybe it's just a vegan thing? Joking! but they recommend some protein bars and shakes if you are interested.

http://www.feedmeimcranky.com/2010/02/09/how-to-choose-vegan-protein-bars/

Anonymous said...

That is the Gilly that I know and love! Tomorrow we are going to have a great time with Green and Alice and Wonderland! Perhaps also a two hour hang out at the Whole Foods cause that is how we roll.-REINA