Friday, March 12, 2010

If your vegan than your weird


Last night Josh and I were talking about where to got eat on our date for tonight. ( Our Friday night dates always consist of the same formula of going out to eat, going to the mall or something like that to walk around and then coming home to watch a movie or play video games. Its only been four years and we are already so boring) We were discussing our options and I was asking Josh what he felt like eating and he went off about how he wanted chicken wings and he was over this vegan thing. He thinks its weird how much time I spend planning my meals and trying to be healthy. He hates that I have to ask the waiters questions about ingredients in the food I order and he doesnt like how much healthy food costs. He has been so supportive up until this point and I suprised by his little outburst. Well here is what I have to say about it: eating healthy does cost more and takes more time and planning but its something I really want to stick with. And even though I only have one vegan week left, I am still going to be limiting my dairy and meat. The conclusion: I am weird!

Elisha

4 comments:

Bryce and Candice said...

That is so funny!!! So your mom and dad think that you guys are going to hell, Devin thinks your stupid, and josh thinks your weird. Being a vegan brings out a lot of emotion in people. I think Josh was rebelling because he had to do the dishes last night!

Anonymous said...

Kit- you are probably right, but the good news is that he did the dishes.

Anonymous said...

Josh is weird. Lets just call a spade a spade.-Reina

Candice said...

I say good for you guys.

I think people react that way to vegan-ism and other strict ways of eating because they feel threatened!

If there is one thing I've learned, it's that swimming against the stream is always harder but well worth it.