Monday, March 8, 2010

Salad Envy


Yes this is another post about salad, but give it a chance. So Friday night Josh and I went out to eat at on the border. They have a salad that I could eat that sounded yummy; it had a fat free mango citrus vinaigrette dressing. I have not been into eating salad lately and was looking forward to having a new yummy meal with healthy greens. Plus, I got to enjoy chips and salsa and some fresh guacamole. Josh ordered a chicken taco salad, which looked delicious! Our meals came and I was ready to dig in. I had so much anticipation and excitement for my salad. I put a bite in my mouth and experienced total disappointment. The dressing on the salad reminded me of Fat free Italian dressing. I overdosed on fat free Italian dressing while doing weight watchers. It has no points, so I used it on ever thing and to this day I can't stand the way it tastes. Yuck! However, I spent 10 bucks on this salad so I tried a few more bites, but I just couldn't handle it. As I watched josh eat his salad filled with creamy ranch dressing, I felt a little envious. It was the first time on the diet that I really wanted to be able to eat something that I couldn't have. Lucky for me, the chips and guacamole were yummy and made me full. I have got to get this salad thing down. One step at a time, I will get there!

1 comment:

vegan minus the flannel said...

Gilly, I know how you feel about fat free Italian. Dressing that is,not people from Italy. Because that would be wrong. I am really liking the full fat organic Italian I got from Sprouts. Once again the dressing,you can not buy Italian people from Sprouts because that would also be wrong.-Reina