Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The opinion of a Joker

I am going to tell you all a little life experience I had yesterday. There are of course two sides to every story...on this blog you get my side. The experience is as follows- I had just gotten off the phone with my bff Amy. We had a great convo and I was in a lovely mood. There I was sitting on my parents couch minding my own vegan bussiness,when my dad(I CALL HIM JOKER) comes into the room. He just blurts out of nowhere "I think you should just eat a little bit of fish sometimes". I am not sure why he brought it up,but you never know with Joker. I replied "Well I probably will not be doing that. I do not want to eat fish or meat". Joker than brings out the big guns, "That is not what the scriptures say to do". I guess since I am now vegan,it is providing me with a one way ticket straight to Hell. I am just hoping that there will be soy ice cream and pita burritos,maybe even some veganaise waiting for me when I arrive. Truth be told,I have not tried veganaise yet. I just simply like saying the title. Anyways, that is my side of the story and I am sticking to it. Sidenote: most likely being vegan does not send you to outer darkness. Love, Reina

4 comments:

Bryce and Candice said...

on the contrary joker, if I have read anything about eating and nutrition from the scripts, its that you are suppose to eat fruits, veggies, and grains, and only eat meat sparingly. Kinda sounds veganish to me!

vegan minus the flannel said...

Thank you for the support Kit! I trust you because I know you like a good scipture read. love you Kit!- Reins

Anonymous said...

Girl-People tend to take offense about the vegan thing. I say let people do what they want, unless its the Atkins diet. Now those are the people that will be going to hell; I mean eat some fruit people and leave the bacon alone.
Elisha

Kayleen said...

While fish is an incredibly healthy snack, you must do what works for you. Who knows, after seeing your success, Joker may even try a little vegan diet himself. :) You could then call him Jokegan... Or perhaps Vegoker.