Monday, March 22, 2010

Being Vegan Can Transform You!


I feel that being vegan for the last month has opened my eyes to a few things. For one, it has made both Reins and I become a little more natural. I don't mean that we don't wear make up and gave up showering. What I mean by natural is that we prefer to use items that aren't infested with chemicals. Here is a list of the few natural items I have switched over to:
1. Shampoo and Conditioner ( which I purchased at the local sprouts)
2. Deodorant- I bought some deodorant that is made with natural oils and goats milk at the Farmers market on main st
3. Toothpaste- Trader Joes has their own line of natural toothpaste that is cheap and is fluoride free
In addition to becoming more natural, Reins and I have decided to take the diet to the next level. Drum roll please....We are giving up sweets for 4 weeks! This is going to be really hard on us because that means no more tsoynamis on the weekend :( but it will be great for the body. Sugar is the devil and I am such a sugar addict so this is going to be harder than doing vegan for me. By the way I am no longer vegan since Saturday, I have begun life as a flexatarian. Saturday I had some ice cream and a chicken sandwich from chick fila and Sunday morning I woke up with a burning stomach ache, I think it was the ice cream and other junk that caused the acid stomach, yuck. Today I am back on eating healthy and today is also day one of no sweets. Oh chocolate how I will miss you! Luckily I have some fruit leather to get me through the cravings.
-Elisha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that we now make our clothes out of recycled grocery bags. I am actually looking forward to giving tsoynamis up for a bit. It will be good to for us and our wallets.-Reina