Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It takes a while to get there


Reins and I are on week three of our journey. Positive changes I have noticed are: my appetite is slightly decreasing and my cravings for junk food occur less often. I still have a lot of growing up to do as a vegan though. I am working on increasing my veggie intake and hopefully I will get to the point where I am consuming as much greens as a cow does, but it will take some time. I still haven't figured out a daily routine that gets me my protein needs. I did start incorporating a protein shake that I have in place of dinner, but even with that I was short a few grams of protein yesterday. However, I feel like by the time the month is up I will finally have this diet down. My goal next week is to eat a big salad every day (I am becoming so responsible) . I have concluded that I haven't lost any weight is because I need more veggies and less whole grains and starchy veggies ( sweet potatoes are my fave). Once our month is up, I plan on being a flexatarian-I will eat meat and animal products a few times a week but not regularly. Reins and I both have total food brains, we think about food all the time. For example, when February came around I kept thinking about chocolates because I love myself a box of chocolates for valentines. Now my food brain is thinking about how to incorporate veggies and protein. I like the change of gears. Yes we still think about junk food too, but mostly just about tsoynamis from Green ( what flavor am I going to try this week...). any way if you have made it through all my rambling, my point is a change this big takes some time and effort, but I am confident I will get the results I want. Till next time.
-Elisha

1 comment:

vegan minus the flannel said...

Gilly, I am going to eat serious vegetables this week and save the fun stuff for our Green Saturdays. Holla at me Boo! Your 4 weeks are almost up. I have loved the vegan thing so I will be continuing indefinaltey. The other day I was at a little farm and a pig winked at me and then nodded his head. Then a chicken said "thank you". So nice! -Reina