Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The observation of a Mom


Tonight my mom and I were making dinner. I had just boiled some wheat organic noodles and was draining them over the sink. That is when the debacle of March 9, 2010 6:30 p.m. happened. Half of the noodles fell into the sink. This annoyed me and the phrase "son of a b" came out of my mouth. Yeah I used foul language. Sometimes in the line of duty it happens. I am not saying it is a good choice. My moms reaction to me was the best! This was her reply to my less than honorable language, "Reina ever since you decided to go vegan you have been using more swear words." I of course just started laughing and telling her that was the greatest thing . I reiterated that I am just the same as always. Most of the time I use good nice words,sometimes bad ones. I expressed to her that I must blog about this. She said "At least I gave you some material." Yes she did. -Reina

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl-That is so great! People are really hating us do the vegan thing. But I have noticed that since we turned vegan I have violent tendancies and I also started to use fowl language, so maybe mom was right. Being vegan changes a person for worst, who new.
-Elisha

vegan minus the flannel said...

Gilly, That is funny,but people might think you are serious. For the record I am a gentle vegan and so are you Gilly. I just loved how mom blamed my swear on the vegan diet. Animals like us and do not judge. I guess Scott and Terri are a different story.- Reina

Bryce and Candice said...

Have I told you guys how much I have missed you lately, Lady included!!! PS dieting brings out thet worst in everyone. Everytime I get on the scale, "What the F"?!?

Kayleen said...

That is hilarious! I can just picture the whole episode in my mind! That darling mother of yours is always trying to keep her little spitfire Reina in line.
I sure could use a dose of the Millers right now. Plus, it's snowing here, which is quite lame. A little Phoenix would do me good. :)