Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Food Controversy


So lately I have been reading up on nutrition and watching some documentaries about it too ( Thanks to netflix for all of the watch now documentaries!) and I have concluded that what is "healthy" is controversial. For instance, there are plenty of studies done that prove low fat dairy promotes weight loss. However, most of these studies are backed by the Dairy industry, so who knows if they can be trusted? Then there are studies that have been done that actually link drinking milk to osteoporosis. Meat is one of the only foods that has vitamin B12 and that is a complete protein ( means it contains all nine essential amino acids). Vegans have to eat select food and food combinations to ensure they attain all the amino acids. So that seems like an argument for eating meat. On the other hand, there have been studies done that show people with cancer and other diseases have been cured following a vegan diet that is full of fresh fruits and veggies. Everything seems so contradicting. If I had the funds I would back to school and study nutrition for fun and knowledge. So this is what I have to say about the matter. If you want to eat meat, then eat it. If you want to be vegan more power to you. Reins and I have noticed there are a lot of negative attitudes towards veganism and the thing is most vegans stop eating animal products because they love animals and care about the environment. Vegans are caring, what is the problem with that? Lay off people. Go Vegans! Cheers to you Reins for living the kind life.
-Elisha

3 comments:

vegan minus the flannel said...

Gilly, Thank you! I may be a bitch, but my diet is nice. I am not going to tell peeps what and how to eat. I just like the vegan. Salt and Peppa once sang "whats that matter with your life? why you gotta mess with mine?Aint your business what I do cause I am gonna be just fine" So take that suckas!-Reina

Bryce and Candice said...

whoa things are getting serious!!! I personally am really proud of you guys, some people just don't get it because they are born with the skinny jean and they have never had to diet a day in their life. To those people I only have one thing to say to you. I hate you!!! Okay not really!

Anonymous said...

Kit- I blame the miller side for the fat genes they passed on to us and for the fat personality traits too. But I still love those Miller's anyways, I am a vegan afterall, and vegans love all living creatures!
Elisha