Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sob Story


Warning: This post is just me going on a rant and complaining so you may not have too much fun reading it!
I have been so moody and frustrated this week! For one, I have not lost any weight on this diet yet (oh man) for two I have not been feeling great either. I have had a major headache the last 2 days (not saying the diet is to blame, headaches happen) and my stomach has been crampy throughout the day because I have to poop like 50 times but I refuse to do that at work. Josh has been experience my moodiness and being very sweet to me. Yesterday when I was done with bootcamp, I walked in the door and smelt cookies ( one of the best fragrances ever!). Josh had made me some vegan chocolate chip cookies, which did help me feel better, but won't help me with the whole weight loss thing. So ended up eating 3 cookies and a grapefruit for dinner. I tell myself that it was ok because the cookies were made with whole wheat flour, oatmeal and peaunut butter instead of butter...I need this one, ok. I am beginning to wonder if I am doing this whole thing right because I just dont feel myself lately. I am having difficulty getting to sleep which has never really happened to me before. So I am wonndering if my body isnt getting engough nutrients. When I read the Skinny Bitch diet they said that people don't really need that much protein so I haven't been worried about it...till this week. So I went back through the book and did the math equation they gave which said I needed a minimum amount of 56 grams a protein a day. I would consider 56 grams a buttload of protein. I dont even think I got that much before I went vegan. So today I have been keeping track of my protein and between breakfast, my snack and lunch I am at 21 grams and I dont think I will be eating 35 grams of protein for dinner. Whats a vegan to do? Josh wants me to give it up, but we are almost half way there and I am no quitter. I will give it some more time, maybe my body is just detoxing, who knows. Heres to hoping next week brings a better mood and a lower number on the scale.
-Elisha

6 comments:

vegan minus the flannel said...

Gil, Listen I am just going to be very honest with you now. I think the problem is that you are stressed with the career and such. That is probably why you are moody and having headaches,also with the sleeping issue. Stress can effect our bodies and minds of course. I am ok if you want to stop the vegan thing. That is your choice. I doubt it is the main problem though. I am loving the vegan lifestyle and I will be continuing on this vegan life path. I support whatever you want to do for you.-Reina

Devin & Ruthann said...

I bet you are stressed because of work and it's making your body do all these mean things to you.

It looks like the vegan diet is working for Reina and I'm glad she is feeling good. I say, finish the month and see how you feel then. But, if you don't feel better in a few days, maybe the diet isn't best for your body.

When I was pregnant, my doula said I was supposed to have between 80 & 100 grams of protein a day. It was so hard for me to get that much. I tell you this to compare it with the 56 suggested grams of a non-pregnant person, I think it's probably about right.

I know it is so hard when planning is your style, but try to remember that Heavenly Father will bless you with what you need. Even if the things that come are not what you think you need, He knows best:)

Anonymous said...

U r an amazing person! Josh is so sweet! I am proud of u! Think positive, god has a plan and soon you will look back and be proud of yourself too! Elizabeth

Josh and Elisha said...

Girl- I am going to stick it out of course! I can survive one month and I to be honest the diet has been hard for me so why not finish what we started. I am just all sorts of crazy and it is probably stress related, which can cause your body to hold onto weight too.
ELisha

vegan minus the flannel said...

Gil, I think sticking it out is wise. I know you had a goal,and you will be happy you made it happen! Plus you have been dying to try that sweet lime sucka! -Reins

Anonymous said...

Girl- I think I might get the peanut butter one with ricemellows; those things are better than real marshmellows, yummy. So looking forward to this weekend and relaxing.
Elisha